In preparation for our time together the Church Board has carefully and prayerfully discussed and unanimously approved the Safety Procedures that follows. Our intent is to provide reasonable guidelines that will allow attenders to experience a safe setting as we worship the Lord together.
In staying open for worship, the presence of Covid-19 in Carson Valley and the Quad county corridor will be closely monitored. The recommendations of State and Local Health officials will be checked and, if needed, applied to our gathering. In the event of any changes, we will notify our attenders about any revisions to our onsite worship service(s) and small group(s) schedule.
Here’s our current plan:
Experience Sunday Worship Service Wherever You Are
We continue to meet on Sunday mornings at 8:00 and 10:15 a.m.
We look forward to seeing you then, but if you are not comfortable or are unable to return in-person we invite you to continue to worship and learn with us online. Our online church will continue.
In Person Worship Services Have Resumed
In order to provide for the size of our congregation and the intensity of sanitary measures there will be two worship services available at 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Both services will follow the contemporary format. Per Gov. Sisolak’s orders, masks are recommended for both services.
At this time, we will not be offering coffee or refreshments except for sealed water bottles. If coffee is a necessary commodity for church attendance please bring your own in a container with a lid. We have resumed our nursery and children’s church during the 10:15 service.at this time. A nursery worker is also available during the 9:15am prayer time.
UPDATE 9/30/2020: With Governor Sisolak’s lifting of caps on worship services to 250, we no longer take reservations for service. We welcome you to come as you are and worship with us!
When you do arrive, please maintain appropriate social distancing, and use the available hand sanitizer.
Online Worship Services Will Continue
We encourage you to join us for online teaching at 8:00 a.m. on Sundays, or 10:15 a.m. on Sundays, through our Facebook page. Join us as a family to experience the power of worship, and receive an encouraging word from our pastors. If you can’t join us live, you can always watch a replay through Facebook or YouTube.
We will also continue posting the sermon on our website here.
Never Stop Being Discipled by Jesus
Discipling Our Youth is Still a High Priority
At Crossroads, we have always encouraged parents to disciple their children and youth; we have been honored to partner with you so that the next generation can receive the life transforming hope of salvation in Christ.
During this crisis, we will continue to do this by:
- Youth Group for 7th-12th grade is hosted at the church site or at homes, or on a Zoom meeting every Sunday at 5:30 pm. A text is sent out every Sunday afternoon informing the youth where the meeting will be held.
To be placed on the meeting notification text, or to get the Zoom access code, or to get help with Zoom please complete the form below.
Helping Parents Disciple Their Children is Still a Priority
UPDATE 09/030/2020: We know that it can be challenging to provide Christ-centered learning to your pre-k through 5th grade children. We are pleased to be offering nursery and Children’s Church (k-5) during our 10:15 a.m. service. A caregiver is also on site from 9:00Am on. For more information, check out our Children's Ministry page here.
Adult Groups are Ongoing!
We understand the value of ongoing relationship! Which is why our small groups will meeting by Zoom or onsite . Contact your group leader or the church office for more info! Submit an inquiry to the website for details.
We want to pray for one another as much as possible all throughout the week. When we gather in different ways during these changing times (ZOOM, Facebook, conference calls etc.), we encourage you to stop and pray together.
We currently have a Sunday morning prayer meeting in the Chapel room of the church from 9:15-10:00am. We are looking to add more prayer groups. More information to follow. A childcare worker is onsite.
At any time if you want to share a prayer need please click here. These prayers will stay confidential with our pastors and staff unless you give us permission to share your request with our church family.
Be Sure to Keep Feeding HIS Sheep
In this time of social distancing, it’s very easy to become isolated, anxious, or overwhelmed. We want to help you avoid this, and so we plan to:
- Every Tuesday, via Facebook, we will post a video of the Good News happening in our body despite this crisis!
- Every Thursday, via Facebook, we will post an encouraging devotional
In the midst of this crisis, we challenge you to take some steps to ensure you are listening to Jesus and helping to care for His sheep:
- Be sure to be in regular Bible study and prayer on your own. If you aren’t fed, how can you help feed others?
- Take quiet/alone time if you need it! If your kids are home, it’s okay. They’ll survive if you self-care for 15 minutes.
- Reach out to a friend or pastor if you need help or encouragement. Remember to text, message, call, or video chat.
- Be intentional about connecting with others. Schedule video game nights, video coffee dates, or entertainment watch parties.
- Write and mail handwritten notes to family and friends to encourage them during this time.
- In particular, call and stay in touch with the elderly and those who are not proficient with technology and who may become isolated during this season.
- Share your resources wherever it is safe and as the Spirit leads
- Have a group of people you check on, and they check on you. Share your needs in prayer, but also physically. Swap supplies or run errands for each other.